Being from Biotechnology, how can I make a successful career in Genomics and Data Science?
Hello All! I am Pradipti. I am a student of B.Tech Biotechnology currently in my second year of study now and I am moving to my third year. I am very interested in the field of Genomics and that intrigues me a lot.
I am also trying to learn a little about Python+R+ Data Science as my friends tell me that it is important to know these days. However, because of the pandemic, my college is now closed, and I am not able to use my lab, and everything seems to have come to a halt.
I have a few questions:
- What can I do in this situation to keep pursuing my interests (Genomics and Data Science)?
- Should I try to get an internship somewhere? If yes, how?
- How can I merge the two of my interests?
- What other opportunities do I have if I wanna pursue the field of Genomics?
- Are there any programs abroad that I can apply to now? Please help me out.